Answers to over 400 commonly asked questions on drawing blood samples for laboratory testing.
This essential desk reference for laboratory and nursing personnel is the second edition of our popular Blood Specimen Collection FAQs reference book. Renamed and completely updated to reflect the revised CLSI venipuncture standard, we've added over 100 new entries to make it a desk reference you'll be hard-pressed to put back on the shelf. Culled from the thousands of questions weâ€™ve been asked over the years, this reference is a must-have for anyone who performs, teaches, trains, or supervises phlebotomy. Each answer is highly researched and reflects the current standards, guidelines, and published literature.
Paperback â€” 440 pages
Publisher â€” Center for Phlebotomy Education
Product Dimensions â€” 8.5 x 5 inches
ISBN â€” 978-0-9700588-0-5
Released: August, 2017
· Safety & Infection Control
· Training, Management & Certification
· Skin Punctures, Heelsticks, & Pain Management
· Patient Identification, Vein Selection & Site Prep
· Tourniquets & Butterflies
· Order of Draw & Discard Tubes
· Hemolysis & Potassium Issues
· Blood Cultures
· Labeling & Post-venipuncture Care
· Line Draws & IV Starts
· Processing, Storage & Transportation
· Patient Injuries & Complications
· Unorthodox Techniques
· Preview: Lab Draw Answer Book" by Dennis Ernst
â€œPhlebotomy is our business here at Pulmolab and I have to tell you this is the most informative and detailed to the point book I have ever read on Phlebotomy. It covers techniques and protocols in the art of phlebotomy that will put you on a whole other levelâ€.